Crab Louie Salad Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp. chopped black olives
- 1 small white onion, peeled and minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Meat from 2 cooked 1.5 to 2-lb. Dungeness crabs
- (or 1 pound cooked lump Dungeness crabmeat-Available from Farm 2 Market)
- Mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, olives, and onions in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate dressing until ready to use.
- Core, wash, and dry lettuce, then slice into shreds. Place in a bowl and toss with 1 cup dressing. Divide lettuce between 4 plates, place 1 cup crabmeat over lettuce on each plate, and spoon a bit of remaining dressing over crabmeat. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve with lemon wedges and Tabasco sauce if desired.