Foie Gras Sliders Recipe
Servings: 6 sliders
- 2 shallots, minced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ¼ t dried thyme
- 1 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup veal stock (available frozen at Butchers)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Cracked black pepper
- 6 mini brioche rolls
- 6 1¼-ounce portions of cleaned grade A foie gras
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Watercress Sprigs
- Sauté shallots in olive oil until translucent and add onion, thyme and stocks. Gently stew until liquid is absorbed.
- Cool and fold in honey, truffle oil and black pepper.
- Lightly grill mini brioche rolls.
- Sear each foie gras disk quickly in a hot pan, remove promptly, and place in brioche roll.
- Add jam to pan and let absorb fat that remains from the rendered foie gras, then place on top. Crown each slider with two slice of ripe tomato and a Watercress sprig.
Yield: 6 Sliders