Simple Lobster Bisque Recipe
Yields: 6 cups
- 2 1 ½ lb lobsters, cooked and cooled
- 2 cups chicken broth, cold
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Remove the meat from lobster shell. Dice body meat. Chop claw and tail meat fine.
- Add broth to lobster shells and tough ends of claws, cut in pieces; bring slowly to the simmering point and cook 20 minutes exactly.
- Drain, reserve liquid.
- Heat butter, add flour and seasoning, and gradually the liquid.
- Scald milk and stir in gradually.
- Add lobster meat and cook slowly for 5 minutes,.
- Add cream and serve at once.