Bailey Island Stuffed Lobster Recipe
- 4-1 1/2 lb. live lobsters
- 1 pound of lobster meat, scallops, or crab meat
- 1 1/2 cup drawn butter
- 8 cups crushed Ritz Crackers
- fresh ground black or white pepper (if needed)
Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Prepare the lobsters for broiling by splitting the tail and body with a large butcher knife.
- Clean lobster body under running water and set aside.
- Slowly melt 1 1/2 lb. of butter taking care not to let the butter boil. The clear portion of the melted butter is the drawn butter. Slowly pour the drawn butter into a measuring cup, measuring off 1 ½ cups.
- In a food processor, grind enough Ritz Crackers to make about 8 cups, (about one box).
- Combine the crushed Ritz Crackers with the drawn butter a little at a time until the crackers are liberally and evenly coated.
- Fill the bottom of the lobster bodies and the lobster tails with about 1/2 the amount of cracker mixture.
- Next, divide the seafood into equal parts and fill the lobster body.
- Cover the lobster meat with the remaining crumbs and place the lobster on a sheet pan along with the claws.
- Cook the lobsters for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the tail meat becomes white and firm to the touch. Serve at once with lemon wedges and drawn butter.