Mussels Seaman Style Recipe
- 5 pounds fresh mussels
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse mussels in a large bowl with cold water. Drain and hold.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, and saute for one minute, but do not brown.
- Add the chopped green onion and tomatoes, and cook until almost tender. Pour in the white wine, and stir in the parsley and butter.
- Bring to a boil, and allow to boil until the liquid has reduced by half, about 15 minutes. 6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mussels to the pot, cover and allow to cook until the shells are opened, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mussels and sauce to a large serving bowl.