Oysters Rockefeller Recipe
Servings: 6 servings of 4 oysters each
- 24 Medium size Pacific Northwest Oysters on the half shell, oyster liquor reserved
- 4 springs flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 4 green onions (including the green part)
- small bunch fresh celery leaves
- At least 6 fresh tarragon leaves
- At least 6 fresh chervil leaves
- 1/2 cup dried fresh bread crumbs
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Hot Pepper Sauce, to taste
- Rock salt or kosher salt
- Mince together the parsley, green onions, celery leaves, tarragon and chervil very finely .
- Mix this together with the bread crumbs and the softened butter into a mortar and mix the whole thing together into a smooth paste, but leave a little texture.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Hot Pepper Sauce.
- Preheat your broiler.
- Lower the top rack to the middle of the oven.
- Spread the rock salt or kosher salt over a large baking sheet; this will keep the oysters level under the broiler. Moisten the salt very slightly.
- Plant the shells in the salt, making sure they're level. Place one oyster in each shell, plus a little bit of oyster liquor.
- Spoon an equal amount of the prepared herb/butter mixture over each oyster.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack and broil until the edges of the oysters have curled and the herb butter is bubbling, about five minutes. Serve immediately.