Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Recipe
- 2 pound U15 Baja Shrimp Tails, cooked, peeled and deveined. Leave tail tip attached.
- ¾ c seafood cocktail sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon optional hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 lime wedges
- Tortilla chips, or assorted crackers
- 2/3 c tomato ketchup
- ¼ c tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Combine cocktail sauce, avocado, onion, cilantro, hot pepper sauce and pepper in medium bowl.
- Divide into 8 appetizer portions in shallow cocktail glasses and place three cooked Shrimp in each; serve with lime wedges and chips or crackers.
- In a medium bowl combine ketchup, chili sauce, lemon juice, salt and horseradish.
- Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 30 minutes at least or until serving time.
- Makes 3/4 cup.