Simple Lobster Boil Recipe
Lobster is often seen as an indulgence that is reserved for special occasions and high-end restaurants. Although home cooks tend to be intimidated by this crustacean, there are many easy ways to prepare lobster, using minimal equipment or experience cooking seafood. With our incredible range of fresh lobster available at Farm-2-Market, you can have anything from New England Homarus lobster to fresh-shucked lobster meat delivered straight to your doorstep, making it a no-brainer if you are looking to try a new seafood recipe.
Boiled lobster tails make the perfect meal for a special occasion or a romantic evening at home with your significant other. This simple lobster boil recipe is an easy way to impress without spending too much time in the kitchen. By keeping ingredients to a minimum, our recipe highlights the delicious natural flavor that fresh lobster has to offer and preserves moisture by cooking it in water. While steaming, baking, grilling, and other cooking methods are all great options for preparing lobster; in this recipe, we are going to walk you through a classic lobster boil recipe.
Boiled Lobster Tails Recipe
2 5-8-ounce lobster tails
1½ teaspoons of salt
Butter to serve (optional)
- Using a large pot, boil approximately 6 cups of water. Once the water is boiling, add the salt.
- Pierce each lobster tail with a wooden skewer and push it all the way through so that the skewer runs lengthwise along the tail. This will help keep the tails straight while they cook.
- Add the lobster tails to the pot of boiling water and reduce the temperature to a simmer. Allow the lobster tails to cook for approximately 5-8 minutes depending on their size.
- Use a strainer to drain the hot water into your sink, and allow the lobster tails to rest for one minute. When the lobster is cool enough to handle, open the shells using a pair of scissors and spread the tails open by hand.
- Melt as much butter as desired to serve (optional).
Note: This recipe serves two people.
Compliment Your Lobster Boil Recipe with Fresh Lobster From Farm-2-Market
At Farm-2-Market, we source all of our lobster from a fisherman's co-op, where these crustaceans are pulled straight from the ocean every day. Our online marketplace is the best place to purchase fresh lobster, which is delivered to your door live overnight. Contact us to order fresh lobster today!