Cold and Spicy Crawfish Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 pounds crawfish tailmeat
- 4- 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the green onions, and cook until wilted.
- Add the crawfish tails, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until well blended.
- Season with hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce until the mixture is pink in color.
- When the crawfish have cooled slightly, stir them and the butter into the dip along with the rest of the green onion.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate.