Crawfish Boil Recipe
- 20 pounds live crawfish (3 - 4 ounces meat per pound)
- 5 gallons water
- 2 Crawfish Seasoning bags (available from Farm 2 Market)
- 3 cups salt
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper
- 2 to 3 pounds small whole potatoes
- 6 lemons, halved
- 6 to 8 medium onions
- 4 ears corn, husked and halved
- Place crawfish in a large metal colander and rinse crawfish well.
- Bring water to boiling in 5 gallonpot. Add crawfish Seasoning bags, half of the salt, and half of the ground red pepper; stir to mix. Add potatoes and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until almost done; remove potatoes from pot. Stir in remaining salt and pepper, and add crawfish. Squeeze the lemons over the pot, then add the squeezed lemons, onions, and corn to the pot.
- Return water to boiling and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat, cover pot, and soak for 15 to 30 minutes. The longer the crawfish soak, the more seasoning they'll absorb. Begin testing for desired seasoning level after 10 minutes by removing one or two crawfish from pot, letting them cool slightly, peeling, and tasting.
- Return potatoes to pot during the last 5 minutes of soaking. Remove basket from pot. Serve hot crawfish with vegetables.