What to Serve With Lobster Thermidor
Lobster is an elegant seafood item, which can be prepared using a variety of different delicious lobster recipes. One of the most traditional lobster recipes is lobster thermidor. While your lobster thermidor recipe is sure to steal the show at any dinner party, it is important to pair this incredible dish with the right accompaniments to satisfy your dinner guests.
Our seafood connoisseurs at Farm-2-Market have provided a delicious lobster thermidor recipe along with a few great ideas for adding accompaniments to this delectable dish.
Lobster Thermidor Recipe:
- 4 -1 ½ pound Live Lobster
- All-purpose flour
- 1 C Drawn butter
- Salt, white pepper, and garlic to taste
- 1/3 C Minced shallots
- 1 C Lobster broth
- ¼ C dry sherry
- ¼ C white wine
- 1 ½ -2 C cream
- 1-1/3 T Dijon mustard
- 1/3 C Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 T paprika
- 4 T parsley, minced
- Cut lobster meat into chunks.
- Dust lobster in flour. Heat half of butter in a skillet on medium. Lightly brown the meat and set aside.
- Sauté scallops until tender. Add lobster and cook several minutes, frequently stirring.
- Add broth, sherry, and wine, reduce the liquid, and add cream. Cook until thickened, add the next four ingredients and continue cooking for several minutes.
- Place split lobster tails on a sheet pan, cavity sides up. Divide Thermidor between shells. Add melted butter, parmesan, paprika, and parsley. Broil until lightly browned.
Whether you’re cooking with live Pacific or New England lobster, a light soup or salad is a great appetizer for a rich lobster thermidor recipe. Try not to overload the senses with a complex starter, as lobster thermidor is an incredibly flavorful dish.
The signature creamy sauce in lobster thermidor pairs well with light, green vegetables such as green beans or spinach. We do not recommend adding a large number of spices to your side dishes, as our lobster thermidor recipe contains a variety of delicious spices. For a heartier meal, you may want to add a starchy side dish. Opt for a simple pasta or crispy french fries to add texture to the dish.
We recommend serving a light dessert such as fresh fruit or meringue following this rich, creamy dish. A sprig of mint may also be a refreshing addition to your dessert.
Contact us today to learn more about our excellent lobster selection.